Saturday, August 21, 2010

Panther 214 1st SS Panzer Division, Ardenne December, 1944

Good day all!

From September 1944 onward Panther's received factory applied camouflage paint schemes rather than having them applied in the field. Rech's Panther was a M.A.N. Factory produced Panther. I am not aware of any good quality photos of this tank other than what I have seen  from the Book Duel in the Mist and various film footage of it participating in the attack on Stoumont on December 19th, 1944. Therefore, this is my interpretation of  what I think Rech's panther essentially looked like. Here are a few pictures of my paint job. Hope you like it. Next up will be weathering.

Here's the link to the build pictures if you wish to take a look.
http://totalwarinscale.blogspot.com/2010/08/panther-214-build.html




No comments:

Post a Comment